Tuesday 22 March 2011

In the begining...there was gold

OK then here we go with my first blog I've ever done. It's hopefully going to be an interesting trip  mainly about Auctioneering in World Of Warcraft along with other bit's and bob's thrown in about my time in WoW.

Some people may wonder why is it called the Coffee Stained Auctioneer? Well it's a little play on words for me really. I love my coffee, and I love playing the auctionhouse. Sometimes coffee gets spilt or knocked or whatever and you get a stain on the desk. Thus the name. I think it's appropriate for me atleast.

History

First off I think a little about me is needed before I go into anything else. First off I'm not fantastic with html linking and such so will not do much at the start until I get the hang of how to do it here and all that jazz. OK back on track...First off I'm not a millionair, not where near really. I originally started playing WoW back in 2008 or so and was pretty much just messing around after a course I was doing at a local Uni. I told myself 'Don't start playing untill you have finished your study, you have an obsessive personality and will fail if you play WoW now'.

Once I finished Uni I went off, installed wow and got hooked. The rest is history about that aspect of it. I was poor for the first 6 months or so. My first gold coin I can remember was from someone, a hunter I believe it was, that gave it to me as I was running to Org from Razorhill on my baby hunter, not even level 10 yet. I swiftly spent that on a bag from one of the bag vendors and went on my merry way, very happy.

Skip forward till 2010. I didn't get into making gold heavily till about 2010 and it was mainly just so I could afford my guilds first Crimson Deathchargers for my Lock. Cost me 40k and I thought that was alot back then. I spent a month saving up when I knew it was going to be auctioned inguild. I managed to save up 60k in that time frame, bought the mount and decided 'Hey...making gold is easy when you have a goal to aim for!' So I started doing my research, reading blogs and configuring my addons to how I wanted them to work.

Back in Wrath my main incomes came from enchanting and JC. The saronite shuffle was going strong for a long time after it petered out on many other servers and I managed to make decent coin right up till Cata. I entered Cta with 180k, 33k or so shy of my aim of being gold capped before Cata hit on Dec 7th. I didn't really mind too much because I had by then bought several other items from the Shadowmournes quest box (the teleport locket and music box).

Now that Cata is here and just ver 4 months old I decided to start this up, now that I have got my strats worked out, gold flow going and my new addiction biting me in the butt. Damned Trading Card Game things...I sware they are the devil! Spent almost 300k gold on the things already, and will spend alot more still.


Current

Ok so now I'm just goingt o do a brief outline of what I'm aiming to do with this blog witht he history sorted out.

This will be updated and posted on whenever I get the chance to do it, or when I remember cos I've got a shocking memory at times. As I said previously it will mainly be about gold making and ideas I'm trying out or have yet to tried out but getting ready to try out. Also I may do break downs on how I'm going to my aim of 500k gold by midyear. Hopefully I will hit that much sooner but thats the aim, and over 1 mill by the end of the year. I currently have roughly 147k gold on hand currently so 350k in a few months shouldn't be too hard at all really.

I'll be doing some break downs o whats selling, whats not selling and what may sell if your willing to take the risk, or I'm aboutt o take the risk with. Also there may be heroic 25 raid content thrown in as I'm an avid raider of 25 hard mode stuff.

So I hope you all will get to like what you see here and with whats to come in the future.

- Greyarea

No comments:

Post a Comment